Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Holy Water

Father Cimpl held a lovely baptismal ceremony for Burke while we were home at the end of May.  As he did for Brynn a few years back, Father Cimpl gathered the family together at St. Michael's to welcome Burke into the Catholic community. 


Unlike his sister, Burke was happy to be there and happy to get the holy water poured on his head.  He smiled and cooed throughout the entire ceremony and was amazed by the candle one of his godparents lit for him. 



The ceremony reminded me of all the joys of the church, its community, and having the experience to go to O’Gorman and grow in your faith with all of your friends around you.  I hope my children can experience something as special as that one day.  The ceremony also reminded me of all of our wonderful friends and family that support us and are great role models for my kids despite us living 1,800 miles away.    







No comments:

Post a Comment