Saturday, March 22, 2014

Soccer or Dance Class?

I am not sure what my expectations were when I signed Brynn up for soccer, but this is definitely not what I had in mind.  For starters the league is for kids ages 3 to 6.  You can immediately pick out the 6 year olds and the kids with older brothers or sisters who have played soccer.  Unfortunately, Brynn does not fit into either one these categories.

Practices came and went and I thought she did a pretty good job for her age.  She had her moments where she was not interested in a particular soccer drill or wanted to go say hi to her friends, but I thought on game day this would all change.  I was wrong!  By game day she was very excited.  Unfortunately she was more excited about showing off her cute outfit and new water bottle than chasing the ball. 

I said I would never be like my Dad and run up and down the sidelines but it took everything in me to not get up from my chair.  However, I could not resist coaching from my seat.  I am not sure I should call it coaching or just encouragement to pay attention and chase the ball.  Even after my coaching she had no desire to go and fight for the ball.  Instead she would twirl and dance around the field, wave to her friends on the other teams and/or follow behind the pack of kids.  In the end, Brynn did score a goal.  But this was after the coach took her by the hand and guided her to the ball and ultimately to the goal.        


Maybe she would be more interested in dance classes?


Dribbling at practice

Ready for the big game

Go Super Team!!

A little coaching from Daddy

Good game!!


No comments:

Post a Comment